Eight large lightning-sparked wildfires in Napa and Sonoma counties have scorched more than 46,000 acres and are 0% contained, and the flames spread to areas of Solano County early Wednesday, Cal Fire said.
Solano County authorities issued evacuation orders for residents in the following areas due to wildfire: North of Gates Canyon Road to Quail Canyon Road; all of Pleasants Valley Road and connecting streets/roads; all of the English Hills area of Vacaville; and all of the Solar Hills and Gibson Canyon Road areas.
The Vacaville Fire District said evacuations also were in effect for all of the English Hills area.
The Hennessey Fire burning east of St. Helena in the area of Hennessey Ridge and Chiles Pope Valley roads in Napa County has charred 12,500 acres and destroyed one structure and two outbuildings, according to Cal Fire. Just over 200 structures remain threatened by the flames.
The Gamble Fire near Lake Berryessa has burned 13,000 acres, Cal Fire said. The Green Fire in the area of Putah Creek Bridge and Berryessa Knoxville Road has scorched 8,000 acres.
The Spanish Fire, burning near Spanish Flat has burned 4,000 acres, the Markley Fire near the Monticello Dam has burned 5,000 acres and the Morgan Fire has burned 2,200 acres , Cal Fire said.
Evacuation orders are in place for the following areas of Napa County:
- Wragg Canyon Road from Hwy. 128 to the end of the road, including Pleasure Cove Resort
- Chiles Pope Valley Road – From Lower Chiles Valley Road to Pope Canyon Road
- All of Steele Canyon Road from Hwy. 128 and including the Berryessa Highlands Sub Division
- Highway 128 from Lower Chiles Valley Road to Monticello Road
- Highway 128 from Chiles Pope Valley Road to Lower Chiles Valley Road
- Chiles Pope Valley Road from Highway 128 to Lower Chiles Valley Road
- All of Hennessey Ridge Road
- Intersection of Butts Canyon Road and Snell Valley Road to Spanish Valley, to include the Berryessa Estates
- From Moskowite Corner to Wooden Valley Road, including the community of Circle Oaks
- Atlas Peak from the Bubbling Well Pet Cemetery at 2462 Atlas Peak Rd. to the dead end
- From Loma Vista Road/Soda Canyon Road to the dead end
- All areas on Berryessa Knoxville Road from Eastside Road to Highway 128 at the intersection of Berryessa Knoxville Road/Highway 128 (Turtle Rock Bar)
- Everything west of Lake Berryessa’s water edge
- Pope Canyon Road from Pope Valley Road to Berryessa Knoxville Road, including Hardin Road and the Sufi Center
- Intersection of Butts Canyon Road and Snell Valley Road to all of Berryessa Estates subdivision
Evacuation warnings have been issued for the following areas of Napa County:
- Highway 128 at Silverado Trail to Chiles Pope Valley Road, including the Pritchard Hills Area
- Highway 128 at Lower Chiles Valley Road to Turtle Rock
- Butts Canyon Road from the Lake County line to James Creek
The following roadways have been closed:
- Chiles Pope Valley Road
- Sage Canyon Road
- Highway 128
An evacuation center has been established at Crosswalk Community Church, which is located at 2590 First St. in Napa.
Cal Fire said firefighters are facing a number of challenges, including rugged terrain and unfavorable weather conditions. A heat wave gripping the Bay Area is expected to last through Wednesday.
In Sonoma County, the Wallbridge Fire burning west of Healdsburg has consumed 1,500 acres and the Myers Fire burning north of Jenner is currently at 25 acres.
Residents in the following Sonoma County areas are being told to leave immediately:
- south of Stewarts Point Skaggs Springs Road,
- west of West Dry Creek Road and Westside Road
- north of Sweetwater Springs Road and McCray Ridge Road
- east of East Austin Creek
Evacuation orders were also given earlier Tuesday for the following Sonoma County areas:
- south of Stewarts Point-Skaggs Springs Road
- north of Austin Creek
- west of the intersection of Mill Creek Road at Puccioni Road
- east of the Cedars.
A mandatory evacuation was issued early Tuesday afternoon for:
- Meyers Grade Road to the Sonoma Coast
- south of Fort Ross Road
- north of the intersection of Meyers Grade Road at state Highway 1
The evacuated areas are closed to the public.
Source: NBC Bay Area