Despite continuing concerns surrounding COVID-19, many are still trying to make the best of a difficult situation for the Halloween holiday by holding safe and socially-distanced (and in some cases virtual) Halloween events. We’ve compiled a list below of the events we’ve come across throughout the Bay Area to help you celebrate the spooky season.
Berkeley: Halloween Fun on Fourth
- Drive by at dusk for a magical light show along Fourth Street.
- Enter your kids’ costume photos online for a special prize.
Dublin: Picnic Flix Halloween Drive-In Edition
- Drive-in viewing of Hocus Pocus in the Dublin Iceland parking lot.
- Prizes for most-spirited vehicles.
Mountain View: Monster Bash
- Plaza Haunt at Pioneer Park and Civic Center Plaza, featuring spook-tacular displays, boo-tiful photo stops and startling décor.
Oakland: Halloween Jam at Children’s Fairyland
- Monster Mash Parade at 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. with special treats for kids at end of parade.
Oakland: Meow and Howl-o-ween Drive-Thru
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. 8323 Baldwin Street
- Kids and pets can stop by and say Howl-O to East Bay SPCA animals and enjoy some sweet treats.
- Second location in Dublin at 4651 Gleason Drive.
Pleasanton: Halloween Boo-Bash
- Two drive-in movies at the Alameda County Fairgrounds
- 5:45 p.m. movie: Hotel Transylvania
- 8:30 p.m. movie: Sleepy Hollow
Pleasanton: Pirates of Emerson Haunted Theme Park
- Located at the Alameda County Fairgrounds, this year’s haunted park has transitioned to a drive-thru experience.
Redwood City: Trunk or Treat Drive Boo
- 12 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Decorated cars and tricked-out trunks, I Spy game and treat bag.
- Reservation required.
San Francisco: Sloth-o-ween at SF Zoo
- Guests are encouraged to show up in their Halloween costumes for a self-guided walk around the zoo. Features five sloth-themed haunted houses.
San Jose: Dead Time Dreams Haunted Attractions
- 7:30 p.m. at Tully Road and Capitol Expressway.
- Immersive open air fright walk through Horror Alley.
San Mateo: Halloween at Par 3
- 5 p.m. kids’ costume parade along golf course plus goodie bags.
- 6 p.m. drive-in movie: Goosebumps 2
- 9:30 p.m. drive-in movie: Halloween
San Rafael: Spooktacular Drive-Thru
- $10 admission per car
- 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. at 10 Avenue of the Flags
- Fair food faves, Halloween goodies and more courtesy of the Marin County Fair.
Sonoma: Halloween at Cornerstone
- 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Candy stations for kids and fall-themed cocktails for adults at this wine country marketplace and art-inspired garden.
Walnut Creek: ALOE-ween at the Garden
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Pumpkin scavenger hunt in the garden, free Halloween professional digital portraits and more at Ruth Bancroft Garden.
- Food Drive supporting the Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano – bring non-perishable/canned food items.
Woodside: Howl at the Moon at Filoli Gardens
- 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Come in costume and bring a flashlight as you tour the gardens.
- Join in a scavenger hunt and other spooky findings.
Virtual: DogFest Bay Area: Boo! Bark, Brews + Bites
- 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. online event
- Halloween-themed, canine-centric celebration of canine friends and heroes.
- Fun canine activity demonstrations, costume contest, get a pupdate from San Jose Sharks puppy Finn and more.
Virtual: Halloween Hoopla
- 11 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Interactive performances for kids.
- Online costume parade.
Virtual: Once in a Blue Moon Halloween Telescope Viewing
- 9 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. via Facebook Live on the Chabot Space and Science Center page
- Join the live stream for a rare blue moon viewing. This will be the first Blue Moon on Halloween since 1944.
This story uses functionality that may not work in our app. Click here to open the story in your web browser.
Source: NBC Bay Area